Friday 25 August 2017

Double Chocolate Brownie (Air Baked)

We couldn't get enough of the brownies, and so today I baked another batch.  This time round, I wanted a Double Chocolate Brownie.

As I am too lazy to clank up the oven, I went for air baked instead.  Am glad that this turned out really well though I would have prefered it to be more chewy as I wanted it to be.


If you like intense chocolate in your brownies, this will definitely be the one for you.



Findings: I wanted this to be chewy but I didn't really pass the mark.  Nevertheless, it is moist and chocolatey enough for me to revisit this recipe again.

I should have churn out a tub of Vanilla Ice Cream to go with this.  Well, this recipe definitely going to try it again.  

Next time I shall try plain flour instead.

What you need:

190g castor sugar
75g unsalted butter
2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, cold
1 tsp vanilla extract
70g vegetable oil
80 unsweetened cocoa powder
60g bread flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cornstarch
A pinch of salt

140g chocolate chips (your choice of semi sweet or dark) (reserve some for toppings)

Method:

Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line and grease a 6.5 X 6.5" pan with parchment paper.

Mix oil and cocoa powder to form a paste.

In a big bowl, melt butter and sugar over low heat.  Remove.

Whisk in the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla.

Stir in the cocoa paste until well blended.

Fold in the bread flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt until combined.

Stir in the chocolate chips.

Pour brownie batter into the pan and spread evenly.

Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over.

Bake for 30 minutes, or until the brownies are set and a cake tested inserted into the center has moist crumbs attached. Do not overcook.

Cool completely before cutting.

Serve plain or with a scoop of ice cream.


Looking forward to your weekend?  I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.