Friday 21 April 2017

Tau Suan 豆爽 (Fried method)

I like Tau Suan 豆爽 but it is difficult to prepare at home when it is only just for 2.  My kids do not like starchy dessert but since I am going to offer some to the workers working on my hous, this will be a good opportunity to make some.

I was happy to have this as it is not mushy like those sold outside.




Adapted: Source

What you need:

1 litre water  (you can add another 500ml but since I like mine with more bean I reduced water)
6 pandan leaves
250g mung bean, soak overnight
3 tbsp sugar

200g sugar 
40g sweet potato starch

you tiao (crullers), cut into bite size

Method:

Bring a pot of water and pandan leave to boil for about 10 mins.

In a wok, add mung bean and 3 tbsp sugar.  Stir fry until the bean are golden and caramelised. (it gets darker)

Remove pandan leaves from the flavoured water and pour in the fried mung bean.

Let it boil for 7 mins.

Prepare thickener mixture by combining sweet potato starch with 1/4 water.  

Add in sugar to your mung bean mixture.  Tune acoording to your taste.

Lower heat and gently pour in the starch solution.  Stirring constantly as you pour in.

Once thickened, remove from heat and serve with you tiao.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.