Thursday 9 March 2017

Fanny's Chocolate Chip Cookie (Crunchy)

I am very blessed to have friends who share the same passion as me.  Gone are the days whereby I talk about bags and shoes.  Ever since the day I stopped work, my favourite topic is always about food and recipes.  

Thus, I am always on a look out for friend's favourite recipe.  Feeling so bless that a friend is sharing such a recipe and with son now completed his 3rd stage in school education, I think he will welcome the idea of having the cookie jar loaded up with his favourite cookie (Chocolate Chip cookie).

I shall name it Fanny's Chocolate Chip Cookie.  Thanks girl!



Findings: I wanted the chocolate to be intense and thus replace some flour with cocoa powder.  

Since it is now darker, the chocolate chip was "hidden" so I reserved some chips and decorate it prior to baking.

The cookie does not spread out so it is okay to place them close. 

The texture is crunchy and hub said its flavour is really chocolatey. 

What you need:

150g unsalted butter
½ tsp salt
70g caster sugar
40g soft brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence
225g self-raising flour (I used 200g SR flour and 25g cocoa powder)
170g choc chips (leave some to decorate the cookie before baking)

Method:

Preheat oven to 170 °C.  Line baking sheet.

Cream butter, salt and sugars until light and fluffy.

Beat in the beaten egg and vanilla essence.

Fold in flour and then chocolate chips.

Bake for approx 20 mins or until golden brown.

Cool on sheet for 5 mins before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.

Store in air tight. 



So if you like a good Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookie, this might be just the right one for you.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.