Wednesday 18 January 2017

Cornflake walnut cookie

Next on my CNY goodie list will be this Cornflakes walnut cookie.  Cornflakes cookie has always been a favorite in my family as it taste yummy.

This year, I attempt another version and this really add to another dimension.  The addition of walnut really heighten the crunch of the cornflakes as well as flavour.   Walnut is actually good for the brain and my kids are not big fan of it.  Now I can happily "hide" this and they will be willingly munching on these.  Win win situation.

Bare with me on this pathetic 6 pieces because I was actually doing a trial to see whether this will stick to the cookie liner as I recall during one year, my batch of cornflakes does stick to the liner.

Now I can confirmed that this recipe will not stick and will definitely looks better baking it in such liner.


What you need:
yield: 78 pcs

160g butter
100g castor sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
220g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
80g corn flakes
80g walnut
100g raisins

Method:

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

Beat in eggs and vanilla essence.

Sift in plain flour and baking powder.

Fold in walnut, raisins and cornflakes

Chill for 30 mins and then using a small ice cream scoop, form dough into a ball and place onto a paper liner.

Preheat oven to 160°C.

Bake on a lined pan for 20 - 25mins or until golden brown.

Cool on pan slightly before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely before storing.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.