Friday 15 July 2016

Easy Muah Chee 麻糍

Last year, I was seeking out a Muah Chee recipe that allows me to pre prepared for an event.  Serving 400 portions of this is no joke.  I can't imagine myself stirring a big portion of dough in shallot oil.

Thanks to Anncoo Journal, I tried her recipe that uses the steaming method and it turned out to be a huge success.  Even the chairman wanted the recipe! and some kids even came back for second helping.

This year, the committee approached me to do the same and since I didn't not document it last year, I thought it will be better if I do it now as I can't recall the quantity I used for 400 servings.

Last year I used a coarser peanut and I need 2kg of it, this year I used the med coarse ones and I only needed 1kg.  I wonder why or was it that I made a bigger batch last year?  Definitely need to document as memory deteriorate by the years.

Note to self: I need 1750g flour for 400 students, 1kg peanuts, 1 kg sugar


Findings:  I have gotten very good responses for this recipe.  Even the older folks gave a thumbs up.

Best of all, it stay soft.

Definitely a keeper!

If you like a even softer texture, just increase the water ratio.

For the home made portion, I actually air fried the raw peanuts.  It is really easy and fuss free.

What you need:

200g raw peanuts

Method:

Remove impurities and give a quick rinse to the raw peanuts.

Preheat air fryer to 140 deg.  Air fried for 12 mins.

Increase temperature to 160 deg and continue to air fry for another 6 mins.

Thanks Ann for sharing.


What you need:

250g glutinous rice flour
3 tbsp caster sugar
375g water 

Adjust sweetness to your liking
Fine sugar
Roasted peanuts, crushed

Method:

Grease some vegetable oil on a 8” round cake tin.

Bring water to boil in a wok or steaming pot and steam the greased cake tin over high heat for 2 mins.

Mix glutinous rice flour and castor sugar together in a large bowl and gradually add water into it.

Whisk batter till smooth and pour batter into the hot cake tin.

Cover lid and steam for 30 minutes over medium low heat.

Leave cooked sticky dough to cool.

Cut cool dough into bite size, coat with sugar and peanut mixture.

Serve


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.