Friday 8 April 2016

Curry Chicken (my easy version)

Two weeks ago, my mom called and requested me to cook Curry Chicken for my dad.  As I have been having a very busy weeks, I only managed to find some time to cook this today.

Let's hope this suits their palette.



What you need: 

2kg Chicken, cut into pieces

Grind to paste

10 cloves garlic
1 thumb size ginger 
2" blue ginger
1" turmeric
2 tbsp curry powder mix with 4 tbsp water
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp cumin powder
5 candlenut
115ml oil
285g shallots
15 dried chillies, deseed and soak until soft
3cm belachan, toasted

300g water
400g coconut milk (I used kara)

2 stalk lemongrass, bruised
1 stalk curry leaves

Method

Heat oil and fry the rempah until fragrant.

Add in lemongrass and curry leaves.

Add in chicken, and coat well.

Add in water

Reduce heat and cook for ½ hour with lid on.

Add in coconut milk and bring to boil.

Simmer for 20 mins till chicken is tender.

Serve with either bread or rice.


Happy Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.