Tuesday 10 June 2014

Luo Han Guo Chrysanthemum Tea 罗汉果菊花茶

My throat has been itching and dry since the weekend.  I can foresee a cough attack coming soon.  Mom always tell me that Luo Han Guo Chrysanthemum Tea 罗汉果菊花茶 is good to counter the heatiness which the Chinese believes in.

Thus I quickly brewed some to ease the pain.  

I love this drink when it is cold.  Extremely soothing for a dry throat.

These days, I always stock up on Luo han Guo and especially so during the hot season.  To select a good luo han guo, mom said it should "bounce" but these days, the medical hall doesn't allow you to do that.



What you need:

2 Luo Han Guo
a handful of dry Chrysanthemum
4 cups of water

Rock sugar to taste

Method:

Rinse Luo Han Guo and crack it open

Rince Chrysanthemun.

Put everything into a pot and filled with water.  Boil for 1 hour.

Strain.  

Either serve hot or cold.





2 comments:

  1. I need a cup of this now...having sore throat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately I think many people are down with it. My son said many of his classmates are sick too. You take care.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.