Saturday 13 December 2014

Kimchi Fried Rice

Near year end, we always have kimchi in the fridge because hubby's friend will courier a box of his mother's home made kimchi.  This is extremely delicious as compared to store bought.

Have not had parties for a long time and after 2 years, we gathered our club's friends over for a potluck.  This group of friends are truly fun to hang out with.  I hope we can one day bring this friendship to another level by travelling together.

For my share, I contributed Kimchi Fried Rice to the table.  I have not been cooking this for a long time and I think I already forgotten how to do so. :(  

Hopefully next year, I will have more fun time in the kitchen.  


What you need:
Serve 12

3 cups overnight rice (if you can't then cook it in the morning like I do).
600g lean pork, cut into small dice
1 kg prawns, cut into small dice
500g kimchi, cut into small dice
Minced garlic

Method:

Best to use overnight rice or you cook it a few hours before, spread out the rice to dry it up a little.

Marinate pork and prawns with soya sauce, sesame oil and pepper for an hour.

Heat wok with oil and sautee garlic until fragrant, add in pork and stir fry until cooked.  Set aside.

Heat wok with oil and sautee garlic until fragrant, add in prawns and stir fry until cooked.  Set aside.

Sautee kimchi for 1 min and add in the cooked pork and prawns.  Mix until combined and recoved.

Using a clean wok, heat up with enough oil and sautee garlic until fragrant,  add in cooked rice.  Spread it out, try to break up clumps of rice gently.  Turn over and continue to cook rice.  Once rice grain starts to loosen up.

Add in the ingredients and stir gently to mix well.

Season with salt and pepper.


Happy Weekend!


1 comment:

  1. I love all kinds of fried rice. This looks SO good! I love kimchi :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.