Wednesday 30 July 2014

Tri Colour Steam Egg 蒸三色水蛋

Whenever my mom steam egg, she does it perfectly.  I was determine to do as well as hers.

For me, very often, I over steamed it, so this time round, I make sure I do it right.


I think I almost succeeded except that I would prefer it to be a taller so next time I will use a smaller plate.

Adapted from: Wantanmien

What you need:

3 eggs
1 century egg, cubed
1 salted egg, cubed (I remove yolk)

Salt 
pepper
soya sauce

Proportion: egg : water = 1:2

Method:

Place serving plate onto the steamer.  Bring water to a boil.

Crack eggs into a bowl.  Weigh the egg  (The proportion should be 1:2) 

Beat egg with a folk.

Add in water, seasoning and give it a good stir.  Strain into a pitcher.

Pour the egg mixture into the heated plate.  

Scatter the century egg and salted egg.

Cover and steam for 3 mins.

Serve hot with rice.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.