Tuesday 24 June 2014

Banh Pateso (Paté Chaud)

Due to the weather and health, I have lost my appetite and the energy level is getting low.   Luckily little one is off to her supplementary class these few days so I am able to take it a little slower.

Since I have paté and also some minced pork, I took the idea from Helen's cooking channel and made these.


Ever since I discover froze prata, I am now a totally happy woman.  I can easily whip up a "puff" pastry and with the air fryer, I can produce our simple lunch less than half an hour.  Isn't it great?


Simple, free free and very delicious!




What you need:

200g minced pork

¼ cup chopped onion
1 tbsp Paté (I used 100g as I wanted the flavour to be more intense)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp sugar

Frozen prata skin

1 egg yolk for garnish


Method:


Mixed all the ingredients together.


Cut frozen prata into two


Put the fillings on half side and fold the other side of the prata over.


Use a fork and pressed to seal the dough.


Brush beaten egg yolk.


Bake at 190°C for 20 mins.  (for air fryer 180°C for 15 mins)



 photo AFFlogo.jpg 


I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest – IndoChina hosted by Kelly Siew Cooks.


Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea and out as a easy and simple meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hey hey!! that is brilliant! prata! woot! that's so cool!!!! sounds like something i love to play with.. thanks for this idea.. and hope your shoulder is all well now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the concern Vic. Is prata avail in Beijing?

      Delete
  3. So flaky and so good! I sure need more than just one, or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, yes very yummy. I can easily eat two too.

      Delete
  4. Wow that looks amazing! Thank you for your submission!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.