Saturday 12 October 2013

Bittersweet Decadence Cookies

I baked this back in 2007 and am now revisiting this recipe once again.  There are so many chocolate chip cookies out that that we are spoilt with choices but I promised you that this is to die for.  Yes, I have baked this many times and had always been popular with all.

Nevertheless, anything with dark chocolate and anything with chocolate chips are fondly welcome in my household. 


This time round, my chocolate chip disappeared because I used tiny chocolate chips which was a mistake. 

Whatever it is, now I might have to find a safe place to hid it before it is gone before hubby is back.

What you need

35g plain flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt 
226g bittersweet chocolate , coarsely chopped
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 large eggs
107g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
226g walnuts or pecans, chopped into chunks
170g semisweet chocolate, chunks

Method

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together thoroughly; set aside.

Melt 8oz of chocolate and the butter in a large heatproof bowl over simmering water, stir till smooth.  Remove set it aside. 

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla together thoroughly.

Stir the eggs into the warm chocolate.

Stir in the flour and then the nuts and chocolate chunks.

With an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter onto the cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.

Cool on rack. 


I am submitting your post to Aspiring Bakers #36: Choc-a-Cookie (October 2013) hosted by Honeybee916food

9 comments:

  1. Mouth watering looking at your thick round chocolate chips cookies. They look good although without the sign of chips :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. With that amount of chocolate and walnuts, no wonder these decadent cookies would be gone in no time if you didn't hide them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum!! I can see why these were popular, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edith, is the flour just 35g? Or 350g? Im very keen to try this...
    I've tried your choc chip cookie- very delicious!!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, it is 1/4 cup = 35g based on my weighing scale.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your reply Edith. I thought the flour was quite little compared to the amount of chocs...:P
      Nonetheless, I will give it a try...love the totally choc cookies...:)
      Janice

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. Thanks.